Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The CSI Suite and the Trip Home.



While in North Charleston, SC, stay at the lovely Masters Inn Motel. Amy and I had booked what was apparently the CSI Suite. This wasn't just because the strong probablity that if you shined a black light on the comforter it could be picked up by Voyager as far away as Neptune, but because the box spring of the bed had what appeared to be a massive, massive blood stain on one side, and blood spatter on the other. This was a bit disconcerting. The staff, however, was very friendly.






I had to spend a good deal of time in the room as 1) Amy couldn't get off work for most of the weekend and 2) I had no form of transportation other than my 2 now blistered feet. My first morning spent there treated me to a car horn in the parking lot that went off for no apparent reason, and no visitor to the motel stepped outside to claim it as theirs. I walked to a local check cashing place (to cash a check of course) tripped a bit over some broken sidewalk to be ridiculed by a passenger in a passing vehicle. On my way back to the hotel, this same vehicle was at either Subway, Burger King, or the encased ATM between the 2, where I was met with "Haha...you're the guy that tripped." "Yes," I replied. "But I'm walking fine now, and you're still a douche."His friend got a kick out of this.






Sunday met with the hotel being visited by the local constables 3 times, once with a paramedic. The first time was about a drunk white guy beating on peoples doors demanding to use their phones. The second time included a paramedic. Not sure what this was about as they had shown up during a trip to Subway. I can only assume that 'something bad happened.' The third time was about a domestic dispute between an "ashy crack head" and a "no good chicken head ho." I caught this part as I was leaving to go to Subway again, and caught the tail end with the cops as I got back.






The trip home was fairly uneventful. There was a drunk guy and his girlfriend (Yes, Ashley...the same one as on the trip up.) There was the disgruntled asian employee. The overly chipper bus driver taking me from Orlando to Tampa. (Though, admittedly, he was better than the first bus driver I had.) Then the hour wait for someone to come pick me up at Tampa Union Station. Now I am home, road weary but glad the weekend was, at the very least, eventful.






For a little added fun, enjoy the pool rules for the Masters Inn:

2 comments:

Denier said...

Gotta give me the name of that swell motel you found there. Sounds like a real tourist destination. Is there anything you CAN do in the pool?!

Serge A. Storms said...

It says nothing about peeing in the pool. All those rules, and you're free to just piss away. I do like the "shower before entering the pool" and "no communicable diseases" rules...