Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Dante's Lament

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" - Dante Hicks

This, technically, isn't true for me. I'm supposed to be here today. Part of me enjoys the fact that I'm working again and getting paid steadily. The downside is that I'm worried that my class work will suffer. When I had an abundance of free time, the projects I turned in for class were masterpieces of technological artistry. This is not my opinion, but that given by my instructors and fellow class mates. Now I feel my class work will suffer as I don't have much free time at all to complete the assignments. Gotta love Catch-22s.

On the work front:

Things are going alright, despite the butting heads of the 2 owners and their conflicting ideas on the direction the company should go. This usually leaves me as the involuntary red-headed stepchild of disagreements, as one of them will tell me to handle a situation one way, while the other wants it handled another way, leaving me to bear the brunt. It's pretty shitty, but I'm used to handling that on a much grander scale, so it's not too big a deal.

On the school front:

I have no idea how things are going. I'm failry sure I'm passing all of my classes with at least a B, but I never can tell. My Tuesday night teacher is usually in a rush to just get us out of there, which is fine as I want to be home in time for House. Thursday and Saturday classes are the same instructor, who is cool as the other side of the pillow, he just drags class out beyond the time they're supposed to end, mainly because he has a lot of information we'll need and not enough time to get it to us. As there's nothing usually pressing on these days, it's no big deal.

Anything else:

Britney Spears. Holy fuck. If there's a white trash Hall of Fame, she'd be the main attraction. The local morning DJs have said that the only mother who's worse than Brit is the prostitute in New York that was busted for snorting cocain off her 2 month old's stomach while breast feeding. Those kids are screwed if K-Fed is the positive rolemodel in their lives.

Danny Bonaducci (sp) is now my hero.

And I'm bored off my ass.

2 comments:

Denier said...

When a dumb-as-dirt wigger like K-Fed is the responsible parent, that's not saying a lot! In about 15 years all these celebrity offspring and adoptees from egomaniacs like Madonna, Angelina et al will be coming of age. It's not gonna be pretty. I hate this celebrity culture. It's one thing to be famous for an accomplishment, it's being famous with no discernible talent that irks me.

Serge A. Storms said...

Yeah, the crap machine that is Orlando, FL can be held responsible for 75% of the laughably called "talent" generating the next generation of pre-12-step Danny Bonaduccis.