Monday, December 22, 2008

Big Head Todd

It has been over a year since I've washed up on the shore. It's been quite the adventure. I've switched jobs, focused on classes, honed my skills, and went through the Quickening. I've had my heart ripped out and beaten, twice, and it is now kept in a box I have buried just outside of Poughkeepsie. Ladies, get your shovels. To those of you that will continue reading my blogs, I thank you. To those of you who don't read my blog, you'll never see this, so rest secure knowing that I've probably said some fairly horrible things about your mother. For those that are new to my blogging, it's usually not for the weak or easily offended.

Now, on to the subject of this blog. The character I have dubbed Big Head Todd until I can think of a better one. I am currently in the middle of a 6 week training class for my new job. The trainer is some guy who's about as old as I am, looks 12, has a severe Napoleon complex, and isn't too fond of yours truely. But that will be another blog for another time. The current barnacle keeping my ship from sailing properly is a fellow who may or may not be in his mid 40s. His admitted past of heavy drug abuse could have aged him and he may well be 17, but I never bothered to ask. I do what I can to avoid conversation with him. His head is roughly the size of an overinflated basket ball and he's one of those characters that has something to say about everything, which in my experience means he knows nothing about anything.

He has the voice of someone who has smoked since he was in the womb, and it constantly says stupid, time wasting things. I'm very curious as to how he made it through the interview without the person doing the interview stabbing him repeatedly with the closest piece of office equipment that would do the job. You can't mention a thing to him without his wanting to "one up" everything.

I will elaborate further on later a later occasion, as right now I'm going cross-eyed from thinking about it.

No comments: