Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I'm pretty sure I can take a Prius in a fight.

So I'm walking to the grocery store during my new morning routine to grab some breakfast and get some exercise in at the same time, the soulful voice of Chuck Norris singing the theme song from Walker Texas Ranger in my head, when I walk past a parking lot entrance and am almost hit by a Prius. The odd little lady who was driving it seemed to be a bit angry that I was occupying the space where her car should be, even though I was there first. After a brief stare down, I moved out of the way and allowed her to pass. It was at that moment that I started weighing my odds against the compact menace that was the Prius.

1) Weight - The weight advantage would go to the Prius, as I'm not constructed of plastics and metals. However, I'm pretty sure that if the same thing had occured 6 months ago, I probably would have had the advantage in this category.

2) Height - I definitely take the advantage here. The Prius came just about up to the bottom of my chest. I think that if I were to lay down flat next to the vehicle, I'd still have it beat by a few inches. Those cars are pretty tiny.

3) Reach - Advantage: Me. I have a wing span of about 6 and a half feet, where as the Prius doesn't have arms. You could count its front tires as arms, I suppose, but even then they don't extend past the body.

4) Agility - I also take the win here, mainly due to the fact that I can jump without the assistance of a ramp and a stunt driver. Even then, I think I would take this category.

5) Speed - This is a tough one. Sure, if the Prius has room to excellerate, it will go much faster than I'm capable of going. However, there's not much room to speed up in a boxing ring, so I think I would hold the advantage here.

6) Psychology - This is pretty much a draw, mainly due to the car's inability to speak and my inability to effectively communicate words that a car can understand.

The main reason I think I would win, however, is my opposable thumbs. They give me the ability to grab baseball bats I could use to beat the car down with.

I'm open to any opinions you all may have on this, but I'm 97% positive I would win the fight.

No comments: